Curious about membership requirements?
Find the updated MSO Syllabus HERE!
Attendance Credit Opportunity!
Looking for your last few attendance credits to be an active member? We are currently holding a blanket and sock drive for the Salvation Army. All members who donate a blanket or package of socks will receive one attendance credit. You may receive up to 2 attendance credits for this drive. The deadline is December 4. Drop-off locations are: Earle faculty offices (room 149) and the MSO award ceremony.
The meeting of 13 November 2013 started the election process for new leaders of MSO for the next semester! Your votes are currently being tallied and the results will come out soon! (Secret!)
Extra MSO Volunteer Event Sign Ups
Restoration Haven Book Drive
- Date:November 23rd 2013, 9am-12pm
- Description:The 76704 Children’s Book Fair hosted by Restoration Haven will take place on Saturday November 16. Volunteers should plan to arrive at 8:45 a.m. and stay until tear down is complete (should be around 2 p.m.).
- Link to volunteer: HERE
- Description: We will be having practices. To receive hours for Christmas caroling, you have to attend at least one and the time from the practice will be added to your total volunteer time after the caroling event. Please email Becca_Luedeker@baylor.edu with any questions or concerns
- Link to volunteer: HERE
First Aid and CPR Training
Now offering: CPR/FIRST-AID INSTRUCTOR COURSES!!!!!
We are setting up classes to get new CPR instructors for next semester. The class to become certified costs 350. With this certification you can be hired by MSO to teach CPR and First Aid. Not only MSO but you can also work for a hospital or anywhere that requires individuals to be CPR certified.
If you have any questions or are interested in any way contact Brandy_Borunda@baylor.edu
Events this week:
As a member of MSO, You will have to meet the basic requirements to maintain your membership status. If you do not meet these requirements there will be penalties:
- 1st offense: You will be put on probation for the incoming semester, but will be allowed to return with the returning member's fee.
- 2nd offense: You will be removed from the Baylor MSO roster and will have to pay the new member's fee to return to MSO.
- 20 Total Service Hours
- 15 of those hours with MSO
- 10 of those hours with FAST (REQUIRED for FAST members)
- 8 of those hours with your cell (REQUIRED for general (non-FAST) members)
Book Scholarship Enter HERE to win a book scholarship. Not many people apply, so please do not hesitate to do so! Academic Workshop Pre-Health Committee Process: BSB E125, Thursday October 24th [Read more]
If you are interested in becoming a leader in MSO and running for an officer or committee position then please sign up HERE!
Tonight at Roxy Grove (Waco Hall) 7:30pm, rumor has it there will be an opportunity to get an attendance credit for socials. Remember, you guys need about 60% attendance or [Read more]